How to Buy Evergreen Trees Online
Evergreen trees are those that will retain their leaves throughout the year, including the winter months.
They’re a popular option for home owners who want to see lush, green trees in their yard, no matter what time of year it is. Many people think the only evergreen trees are the ones that look like Christmas trees.
However, there are actually some tropical, flowering trees that are evergreen as well.
Choosing which trees are right for your yard will depend on a few important details about the weather where you live. You’ll need to figure that out before you buy evergreen trees online.
Choosing the Right Evergreen Tree for Your Yard
When selecting what to plant in your yard, you don’t want to just pick something that looks gorgeous. There are a few important things to factor into your decision, like the climate and soil conditions where you live. Remember these three tips to help you choose an evergreen tree that will thrive where you live:
1. Consider the Amount of Sun and Shade in Your Yard
You probably know that plants can be pretty particular when it comes to sunshine. Do they thrive in direct or indirect sunlight, or do they prefer a shadier spot? The same preferences apply to evergreen trees. That’s why you’ll need to think about where you’d like to plant your new tree, and how much sunlight that spot gets throughout the day. For instance, the Leyland Cypress loves to be in full sun.
2. Pick a Tree Based on Whether Your Soil is Dry or Wet
Another important thing to note is that some trees can withstand hot, dry climates, while others prefer to be somewhere damp or wet. This means you’ll need to consider the climate where you live and the soil conditions where you intend to plant your evergreen tree. If you’re hoping to plant something in an area that’s low, wet, and poorly drained, you might want to consider the Loblolly Pine.
3. Figure Out if the Tree Can Withstand Your Winter Weather
Again, you always want to consider the climate where you live. If you’re located somewhere that experiences cold winters and a lot of snow and ice, this should be factored into your evergreen tree choice. Select something that is “cold hardy,” meaning it’ll be able to withstand the freezing temperatures that winter brings. The Eastern White Pine is a great option for those in colder climates, as it’s highly adaptable to different temperatures and soil conditions.
By keeping these three things in mind, you’re sure to make a great choice when you buy evergreen trees online to plant in your yard.
Caring for Evergreen Trees
After you’ve chosen which evergreen trees you’d like to plant in your yard, you’ll need to know how to properly care for them, so they can grow tall with healthy greens.
Here are three things to keep in mind when tending to your evergreen trees:
- Add Mulch and Water Your Trees: When you plant your evergreen trees, you’ll want to add mulch all around the base of the tree. Then, it’s important to provide the tree with plenty of water. Watering is especially important in the fall, because the soil needs to be moist before the ground freezes in winter. Consistently watering your tree in the fall will prevent it from turning brown and dying.
- Keep Your Trees Fertilized: If you notice that your evergreen tree doesn’t seem to be growing as you expected, you’ll want to add some fertilizer. Fertilizer can help with a tree’s overall growth, while also keeping leaves and needles healthy.
- Prune Evergreen Trees From Time to Time: Just like any other tree, evergreen trees will require the occasional pruning to keep them healthy and promote long-term growth. To prune your trees, simply remove any dead, diseased, or damaged branches. Also, don’t prune in the late summer or early fall, because this can cause new branches to grow without enough time to strengthen themselves before the winter weather arrives.
By following these tips, your brand new evergreen tree will surely grow to be healthy and strong. Not only that, but you’ll be able to enjoy your tree for many years to come.
Adding Evergreen Trees to Your Home’s Landscaping
By keeping these tips in mind, not only will you choose the right evergreen trees for your yard, but you’ll also be able to properly care for them and ensure they live a long, healthy life. The best thing about these types of trees is that you never have to worry about them losing their leaves or needles in the cold, winter months. You’ll be able to enjoy the foliage and the shade they provide year-round! Their lush appearance and the fact that they’re relatively low maintenance make them a fantastic choice for any yard or garden.